subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: svn:externals - svn: E200009: Targets must be working copy paths
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 18:29:32 GMT

On Feb 1, 2013, at 12:24, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2013, at 11:00, C M wrote:
>
>> I was able to set multiple external definitions using the --file option. Worked pretty
well, actually considering how challenging everything else has been so far!

>> One last question on this topic. I want to pin the external definition to a known
revision using something this shortened command, but it's not working. The "-r 109" being
the revision I want to pin to.

>> c:\Temp\800>svn propset svn:externals -r 109 <path info> .
>>
>> svn: E205000: Cannot specify revision for setting versioned property 'svn:externals'
>
> The revision number to which you want to pin each external needs to be listed on the
corresponding line of the svn:externals property. Read the documentation again; I recommend
following the example after the paragraph which starts "Or, making use of the peg revision
syntax".

> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.advanced.externals.html

Or, in the example you gave above of wanting to pull a specific revision of just a single
external, you just need quotes:

svn propset svn:externals "-r 109 <path info>" .

Or better yet, using peg revision syntax:

svn propset svn:externals "<path info>@109" .