subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: svn:externals - svn: E200009: Targets must be working copy paths
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 18:32:12 GMT
Ryan Schmidt wrote on Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 12:29:32 -0600:

> On Feb 1, 2013, at 12:24, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
> > On Feb 1, 2013, at 11:00, C M wrote:
> >
> >> I was able to set multiple external definitions using the --file option. Worked
pretty well, actually considering how challenging everything else has been so far!

> >> One last question on this topic. I want to pin the external definition to a
known revision using something this shortened command, but it's not working. The "-r 109"
being the revision I want to pin to.

> >> c:\Temp\800>svn propset svn:externals -r 109 <path info> .
> >>
> >> svn: E205000: Cannot specify revision for setting versioned property 'svn:externals'
> >
> > The revision number to which you want to pin each external needs to be listed on
the corresponding line of the svn:externals property. Read the documentation again; I recommend
following the example after the paragraph which starts "Or, making use of the peg revision
syntax".

> > http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.advanced.externals.html
>
> Or, in the example you gave above of wanting to pull a specific revision of just a single
external, you just need quotes:

> svn propset svn:externals "-r 109 <path info>" .

You need a '--' argument here to prevent an argument parsing error.