From: Ahmed, Omair (GE Oil & Gas)

Sent: 11/09/12 08:39 AM

To: users@subversion.apache.org

Subject: SVN Usage Questions

Hi,

I am looking for some guidance on where to store build artifacts in SVN. Our projects are organized in the typical fashion:

/trunk/Customer1/

../../src

../../database

/branch

/tags

/release

Our official build server is a QNX system, a Unix-like OS.

Our proposed process calls for the build engineer to copy the code from the SVN repo to the build server. When a build has been executed, where should we copy the artifacts (the executables) back to? Is the /release directory appropriate or is the another “standard” way to store the artifacts?

How are other people handling this?

Secondly, if we check-in to the /release folder, what mechanism is there to readily identify the artifacts. Do we create a /release/rel_1 type structure or is there some labeling convention  available in SVN? Unless I am I missing something very obvious, I don’t see a way to apply labels in SVN.

Please advise.