subversion-users mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Case sensitivity bug in windows with powershell.
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 13:55:57 GMT
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Stefan Sperling <stsp@elego.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 02:26:05PM +0100, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
>> But anyway, we probably can't do anything about that Powershell
>> behaviour, and perhaps it's possible to work around that from within
>> subversion. So please go ahead and file an issue for this.
>
> How would you work around it? Before filing an issue, we should
> have a vague idea about a workable solution. Or I suppose we could
> file an issue about finding a workable solution :)

Heh :). I admit I don't have a workable solution in mind, but I'm
guessing it's possible (but I'm absolutely not the authority in that
area, and I don't have the source code at hand here, so my guess might
not be worth much :)).

Regardless, I have absolutely no problems with issues that are
impossible to fix either. They are still legitimate issues and we
might as well just track them, even if they will later be closed with
a "won't fix" or something like that (with an explanation of why it's
not possible). Then at least the information is out there.

--
Johan