subversion-users mailing list archives

From Jason Heeris <jason.hee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svndumpfilter does not exclude some files
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:21:52 GMT
On 15 October 2012 18:53, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@gmail.com> wrote:
> So why do you do it? Similar to putting spaces and question marks and
> quotation marks in file names, it can cause a lot of scripting
> confusion for your hook scripts.

I did it once, because I didn't realise it would cause problems, and
it continues to bite me today.

To be fair - SVN can handle all sorts of non-ASCII characters, spaces,
etc. so I didn't think that punctuation would be problematic. They're
valid on any filesystem in current use, and I write hook scripts in
Python, so string processing doesn't fall over with odd characters.

— Jason