subversion-users mailing list archives

From James French <James.Fre...@naturalmotion.com>
Subject svn:eol-style native and reintegrate merge
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 21:38:40 GMT
Hi,

Using svn 1.7.6 and working on a dev branch I wrote a script to set svn:eol-style=native on
all source code files, because we develop on Mac and PC. When I tried to check in it kept
failing on files that had inconsistent line endings so I kept fixing them until I was able
to check in. So far so good. The diff of the checkin showed that files with consistent line
endings (99% of them) simply had the svn:eol-style=native property on them which is what I
expected. Now that I come to reintegrate however I have had a shock - it has converted all
files to unix line endings (and I'm on a PC). We do our sync up merges with the --ignore-eol-style
style switch (to be honest I'm not sure exactly what this does). I tried reintegrating with
and without switch and it does the same - everything has unix line endings. Maybe its just
some weird glitch and it won't really change the line endings but I'm too scared to check
in to find out. Tomorrow I'm going to try with 1.6 and see what that does.

What the hell is going on?

Cheers,
James