subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Heiselt, Conan" <conan.heis...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't connect to SVN servers via HTTP-- could not read status line: connection was closed by server
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 22:22:57 GMT
I've been asking and googling this problem for the last many days with no avail.

Whenever I try to do a checkout of a repository I get this error:

$ svn co http://jquery-ui.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
svn: OPTIONS of 'http://jquery-ui.googlecode.com/svn/trunk': Could not read status line: connection
was closed by server (http://jquery-ui.googlecode.com)

It doesn't matter what the repository is. Same error as long as I use HTTP.

Along with the many, many other things I've tried, I did some packet sniffing and noticed
that there is absolutely no network traffic happening when I use HTTP. On the other hand,
HTTPS works (on servers configured for it)--unfortunately, the server at work I really need
to check in/out from only accepts HTTP.

Any ideas? This has got to be something just on my machine (OS X 10.8), but I can't for the
life of me figure out what it is.

Many thanks,

Conan.