subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Advice on migration from 32 bit platform to 64 bit
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 20:58:18 GMT
Thorsten Schöning wrote on Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 10:35:53 +0200:
> Guten Tag Ravi Roy,
> am Sonntag, 21. Oktober 2012 um 10:11 schrieben Sie:

> >  My repository backend is FSFS.
> >  So, do you mean I can go ahead safely without worring anything known?
>
> I really don't know, but my quoted answer is form Stefan Sperling, one
> of the Subversion core developers and if he says you don't have to
> worry, I wouldn't. :-)

You should.  Stefan's post was written more than one minor version ago
(when 1.6.x was the latest release).  The sort of safety/unsafety issues
discussed in this thread might change between minor versions.

(Now, as it happens, between 1.6 and 1.7 in FSFS they didn't.  But they
did in 1.5, 1.6, and 1.8.)