subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andy Levy <andy.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preventing check-ins from a subdirectory in the working copy
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:50:01 GMT
On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:17 AM, Chris J Smith
<chris.smith@intelliflo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible via repository hooks, configuration or otherwise to
prevent check ins from a subdirectory in a working copy?

> For example, our repository structure is: /project/trunk. We want people to commit only
on the root directory /project/trunk and not /project/trunk/folder

> The motivation for this is that our project builds as an entirety only and it stops people
messing up the mergeinfo and integration environment.

The server has no way of knowing what sort of structure exists on the
client side. You can restrict access to  /project/trunk/folder on the
server, preventing people from checking in *to* that path. But that's
it.

Just so we're clear - if the user has a change in
/project/trunk/folder, and they start their commit from anywhere but
/project/trunk, you want to block the commit? If the only change is in
/project/trunk/folder, then it shouldn't matter for your build process
where the commit came from - your build should be monitoring
/project/trunk and checking out/updating from there to start the
build.