subversion-users mailing list archives

From Sune Fischer <suneprogram...@gmail.com>
Subject Feature request: Easy tree conflick resolve mechanism
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 08:27:15 GMT
Hi,

In the old days the .svn folder was in every folder and resolving a tree
conflict was as easy as deleting the conflicting folder and doing an
update. This solved 90% of our issues.
This is no longer possible as the only the .svn is now at the root of
the whole project!
I assume there are some valid reasons for this, but how do you go about
solving tree conflicts efficiently then?

We typically get a tree conflict if one guy as deleted a file and
another guy as made changes to the file.
In the old days, the guy deleting the file could simply remove his
folder, do an update and the delete the file again.
This is not possible now, if he deletes the folder and does an update
subversion won't give him the file back. Svn just keep claiming a tree
conflict.

What is the best way to resolve this?
We did try clean-up and resolve etc..

Regards, Sune