subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Reed, David" <DR...@CMAL.com>
Subject Update fails to delete a line of code
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:38:34 GMT
I am not subscribed, so please be so kind as to CC me in your response.  Thanks.

Using relatively current versions of SubversionEdge and TortoiseSVN, I "committed" a file
(from which I had deleted a line of code in my local workspace).

Then I logged onto my app server and used TortoiseSVN and "updated" the same file.

I was surprised to see that, instead of replacing the file on the app server with the latest
revision, a merge was performed automatically.  Without asking me, the file on the app server
was merged with the version I had committed to the repository, and this merge resulted in
*no change* to the copy on the app server -- since the merge kept in place the line of code
I was trying to delete.

Obviously, this was not the desired result.  What should I do differently, so that committing
a file with a line deleted, and then updating the same file on a second machine, will result
in the file on the second machine reflecting the deletion?

Thanks,
Dave

David Reed
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc.
555 Turnpike Street
Canton, MA  02021
dreed@cmal.com<mailto:dreed@cmal.com>
Confidentiality Note: This e-mail, and any attachment to it, contains privileged and confidential
information intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named on the e-mail.
If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that reading it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the
sender and delete it from your system. Thank you.