subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andy Levy <andy.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade Subversion 1.4.3
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 16:51:17 GMT
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 11:32, James Boden <jboden@dllr.state.md.us> wrote:
> So if I get this right, I do not have to upgrade each step, I can jump to the 1.7.2 version.
 Is there an installer for this?

yes, you can jump straight from 1.4 to 1.7 (though I'd recommend going
the svadmin dump/load route to take advantage of enhancements to
repository storage across your whole history).

There are a number of distributions available, both from
companies/individuals (CollabNet, WANDisco, etc.) and OS
distributions. What is available to you and how the installation
process gets run will depend upon what OS your server is running and
what distribution you select.

1.6 and then 1.7.2?    If this is the case where is the installer for these versions?  Also
what about the information I currently have stored in the repositories.  According to the
release-notes they will be automatically upgraded, if I am understanding correctly.