subversion-users mailing list archives

From <supp...@avibras.com.br>
Subject RES: Software Subversion
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 12:37:16 GMT
Good morning,

I need to know if the software is free Subversion on Windows 2003 and corporate use?
And as the licensing and done? For machine or User?
It has a sales representative in Brazil?

Thank you,

Roberto Revilla
Tecnologia da Informação
Avibras Ind. Aeroespacial S/A

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
" Este documento é enviado unicamente com fins informativos, sendo vedada sua utilização
para propósitos particulares, não gerando obrigações e responsabilidades entre as partes.
São proibidas a reprodução e a distribuição para terceiros de quaisquer informações
contidas nesta mensagem. O risco da má utilização desta informação é de sua inteira
responsabilidade. "
" This is an informative document. It does not generate any obligation or responsibility between
the parts. It is not authorized its use for any personal purposes. Reproduction and distribution
to third parties are not allowed without previous and written authorization. The risk of misuse
of this information is of your entire responsibility. "

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Nico Kadel-Garcia [mailto:nkadel@gmail.com]
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 3 de fevereiro de 2012 AVIBRAS - 12:12
Para: Attila Kinali
Cc: support@avibras.com.br; users@subversion.apache.org
Assunto: Re: Software Subversion

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Attila Kinali <attila@kinali.ch> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 12:39:18 -0300
> <support@avibras.com.br> wrote:
>
>> Boa tarde,
>>
>> Preciso saber se o software Subversion é free para Windows 2003 e uso corporativo?
>
> Ich will ja nicht unhöflich sein, aber Englisch ist sonst die Sprache
> der Wahl, wenn man international kommuniziert. Auf Protugisisch wirst
> du leider nicht viel erfolg haben.
>
> Other than that issue, subversion is GPL and it's restrictions apply.
> You can find ample descriptions how these apply to comercial enviroments.
> Just google for them.

No, it's an Apache license:

     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/LICENSE

This kind of license does allow Wandisco to add proprietary features and publish them without
source code. For typical use and development, it's not been a big deal, as most folks publish
their modifications anyway. They're just not *compelled* to publish modification source code
to go with modification binaries, as they would be with a GPL.