subversion-users mailing list archives

From Giulio Troccoli <giulio.trocc...@mediatelgroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Upgrade Subversion 1.4.3
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 16:27:45 GMT

On 01/02/12 15:58, James Boden wrote:
> Ok, I reviewed the release-notes.  My question is do I have to upgrade to 1.5 then 1.6
and then 1.7.2?    If this is the case where is the installer for these versions?  Also what
about the information I currently have stored in the repositories.  According to the release-notes
they will be automatically upgraded, if I am understanding correctly.

Actually the Working Copies are automatically upgraded when "touched"
for the first time by the new version. The Repositories are NOT
automatically upgraded, but it's a manual step through svnadmin upgrade
(which mean *you* decide if and when to upgrade the repository).

Giulio