subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Enforce File Name with Naming Convention
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 01:31:35 GMT

On Nov 3, 2011, at 19:48, michael mac wrote:

> I've searched through the archives and wasn't able to find an answer so I'm posting in
hope that someone can help. There's a requirement to enforce file naming convention under
particular svn paths. The convention name will be "numeric dot number" (1.1). I have looked
into svnperm.py and commit-access-control.pl as a pre-commit hook option, but they don't seem
to have the ability to fill this requirement.

> Requirement: There are multiple projects under repo A and each project has it's own submissions
folder (/repoA/project1/submissions). I want to be able to enforce a naming convention in
the pre-commit hook to only allow folders with the name of "numeric dot numeric" under the
submission folder  (/repoA/project1/submissions/1.1). No other naming convention is allowed.
And out of many projects, I only need this for a few projects at the moment, but this may
change. But I won't be applying this to all projects under repo A, only a selective few.

Write a pre-commit hook script that enforces this requirement.