subversion-users mailing list archives

From Neels J Hofmeyr <ne...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Apparent "svn rm" scaling problem in 1.7.x
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:44:25 GMT

On 11/02/2011 03:46 PM, Mark Phippard wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Neels J Hofmeyr <neels@elego.de
> <mailto:neels@elego.de>> wrote:
>

>     It seems to show an improvement on 'svn delete' for 1.7.0.
>

> Yep, I noticed that.  FWIW, the benchmarks that I wrote also show delete
> being faster with 1.7.x:
>
> https://ctf.open.collab.net/sf/projects/csvn/
>
> In my case, delete is deleting a folder that contains a lot of files.
>  Perhaps we need a test that is doing:
>
> $ svn rm folder/*
>
> That seems to be the main area where there is a problem.
>
> What does your delete test do?

Hmm, not much. At one point it locally deletes a branch from a WC. I had
more deletes in there originally, but that started to overcomplicate the
test automation, so there isn't much deletion going on. I guess I should
insert a few delete variants right at the end, now that I think of it from
the distance.

BTW, the commands are in tools/dev/benchmarks/suite1/benchmark.py starting
at line 435.

~Neels