subversion-users mailing list archives

From mels630 <mels...@gmail.com>
Subject commit issue after computer crash / rebuild
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 00:08:15 GMT
I maintain a personal SVN server on a separate partition of my hard
drive (/media/SVN) (with both remote and local access). Recently, I blew
up my main partition while trying to upgrade Ubuntu and am just getting
everything working again.

My data directories on my home partition were not affected after the
last unsuccessful upgrade attempt. I ended up creating a new partition
out of empty space and putting down a fresh Ubuntu install there. Then I
copied my data directories onto this new partition. I reinstalled SVN
and re-established access to my SVN server, seemingly with no problem.

 From my data (/home/XXX/Work) directory, I can successfully update my
local copy of my "Work" repository, however, when I attempt to commit
new data, I get the following error:

XXX@YYY:~/Work$ svn commit -m "Test commit 2"
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Can't open file '/media/SVN/Work/db/txn-current-lock': Permission
denied

However, I don't think permissions are the issue. From this same data
drive, I can checkout a new version of the repository (say, to
~/temp/Work), add a new file there, and successfully commit a new
revision without any trouble.

Is there are way to fix whatever ails my Work directory so that I can
commit from there without starting over again? I've got a number of
files I've changed since my last commit, along with a lot of "raw" data
(pdfs, image files, etc.) that are kept out of the repository (I use
svn:ignore so that I don't see them most of the time for svn purposes)
and would rather not have to move them all carefully into a new copy of
the repository.

Thanks for any suggestions.