subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andy Levy <andy.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: forbiden folders
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:50:40 GMT
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:42, Robert J. Gebis <rjgebis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did run into a problem that I was no aware of and I want to bring this up to attention.
Also I would like to know what is the best way to handle such case since it gave me little
problem.

> I am developing multi platform system. When I try to add "aux" folder on linux I was
able to commit just fine. Now wen getting update on windows I was getting strange error saying
that aux folder can't be created. Googling I found below link explaining reserved words on
windows.

> http://www.blindedbytech.com/2006/11/16/forbidden-file-and-folder-names-on-windows/

Complete (official) list of reserved characters & names on Windows:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365247(v=vs.85).aspx

Your link was blocked by my corporate filter, so it may be a duplicate.