subversion-users mailing list archives

From Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Assertion failed and crash with 1.7.1
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 12:57:38 GMT
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu> wrote:

> ZFS.
> It it worth to make benchmarks with this WC with 1.6 and 1.7? I so, I can
> try to find the time for it.

There are some pretty easy to run benchmarks you can run to see if 1.7 is
simply slower in your environment.  See:

https://ctf.open.collab.net/sf/projects/csvn/

If those benchmarks show 1.7 is slower for you, then that would point to
issues with the 1.7 changes in your environment.  As I mentioned earlier,
and as an example, these benchmarks show that 1.7 is slower with WC on a
network mount.

If the benchmarks show 1.7 is faster, then we could focus on scalability
issues that your working copy raises.  Maybe inefficient indexes or
something like that.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard