subversion-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error during svnadmin load (svnadmin: E125005: Cannot accept non-LF line endings in 'svn:log' property)
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:36:11 GMT
2011/10/25 Robert-Jean Denault <Robert-jean.Denault@telus.com>

> I am upgrading our SVN repository from version 1.6.3 (r38063) to version 1.7.0 (r1176462).
>

> I am using svnadmin dump (1.6.3), and svnadmin load (1.7.0)  to upgrade the contents
of the repository, and have run into the following issue.  The load operation fails with
the following message

> svnadmin: E125005: Invalid property value found in dumpstream; consider repairing the
source or using --bypass-prop-validation while loading.

> svnadmin: E125005: Cannot accept non-LF line endings in 'svn:log' property
>

> I can load the repository contents using the --bypass-prop-validation.  If I create
a new  dump of this new version 1.7 repository, and attempt to reload it using version 1.7
 of svnadmin I get the same error.

I do not know whether anything can be done during dump/load time, but
note that svn:log is an unversioned property that stores commit
message for a revision, and you can change it at any time using

svn propset --revprop -r

(or svn propedit)

Note, that you need to create a pre-revprop-change hook to allow such changes.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko