subversion-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to compare an exported file (or set of files) against the repository?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 15:19:26 GMT
2011/10/5 Dominik Psenner <dpsenner@gmail.com>:
> This procedure could be easily automated by a stupid script that does
> something like:
>
> for REV in seq 0 NEWESTREV; do
>        svn up -r REV
>        cp updated-file repos-file
>        if [ -z "`svn diff`" ]; then echo "found candidate rev $REV!"; fi
>        svn revert .
> done

Can "diff -u" command take input from stdout?

Its man page says "If a FILE is `-', read standard input."
If so, one could feed it from "svn cat" command.

Just for record, there is "--force" flag for svn checkout command,
that allows it to create a working copy over files that were exported.
I think it should not overwrite files that has local changes, but have
not verified whether that is true.

> Check out a working copy and copy the files over.

+1

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko