subversion-users mailing list archives

From Matt Joiner <anacro...@gmail.com>
Subject Transaction author without requiring password
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 06:45:32 GMT
Hi Users,

I'm trying to force commits to have an attached author, but I don't
care for requiring passwords. In other words, commits should contain
an author field but there's no enforcing that the committer is who
they claim to be.

I've tried filtering for an author in the pre-commit hook, but the
user name given in the commit is not passed unless anon-access doesn't
given write privileges, and auth-access is enabled. Furthermore,
without a corresponding author name in the passwd file, I don't think
svnserve makes it to the pre-commit stage at all.

Are there any recommended solutions for ensuring that commits have an
attached author, or similar field?

Cheers,
Matt