subversion-users mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Assertion failed and crash with 1.7.1
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 12:13:10 GMT
Mark Phippard <markphip@gmail.com> writes:

> I would imagine svn upgrade is almost entirely writes and I recall it does
> quite a few transactions.  So couldn't the linear slow down just be based on
> the growth in the amount of bytes that are written to disk each time?

Yes, number of transactions matters a lot.  However upgrade is a special
case that runs in a single SQLite transaction as this makes most
upgrades faster.  Maybe for really large upgrades the huge transaction
is a problem?  My 100,000 node working copy upgrades in 45 minutes.

Upgrade does a number of read queries as well as writes, but all within
the same transaction.

--
Philip