subversion-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schaber <m.scha...@3s-software.com>
Subject AW: Assertion failed and crash with 1.7.1
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:53:11 GMT
Hi,

> Von: Attila Nagy [mailto:bra@fsn.hu]
> BTW, with the current (1.7) WC-implementation, what possible problems do you see where
this would be needed?
> Previously with the per-directory .svn directories it was of course much easier, I could
checkout the WC and move the .svn directory to its original place.
> Now I (would) have to do this for all directories...

If you have uncommitted property modifications, copies or moves in the working copy, a lossless
transition (or repair) of the WC to 1.7 should be possible in the following ways:

1) Preparation: Delete all .svn subdirectories in the working copy

2) create a separate checkout.

3) move or copy the .svn subdirectory of the new checkout into the top level directory of
the existing working copy.

Or:

1) Preparation: Delete all .svn subdirectories in the working copy

2) "svn checkout --force" in the existing working copy.

I'm not sure whether this will work fine with externals, however. :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Markus Schaber
--
We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Entwicklung
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber@3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys Internet-Forum: http://forum.3s-software.com

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Handelsregister: Kempten
HRB 6186 | USt-IDNr.: DE 167014915