subversion-users mailing list archives

From Attila Nagy <...@fsn.hu>
Subject Re: Assertion failed and crash with 1.7.1
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:45:48 GMT
On 10/26/11 15:31, Mark Phippard wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 5:01 AM, Attila Nagy<bra@fsn.hu>  wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to update a working copy of some tens of GBs with svn 1.7.1
>> (upgraded the WC to the new -sadly much slower- format) and always get this:
> Is your WC on a network drive?  That is the only scenario I have seen
> where 1.7.x was not significantly faster than previous releases.
>
> Sorry for the sidebar away from your problem.

No, it's on a midrange FC storage, backed by SSDs and 15k RPM FC drives.
It seems that svn spins mainly in SQLite operations. The database
(wc.db) is about 1.2 GBs in size, and fits completely in memory (32GB).
Pristines take about 15-17 GB, while the WC size is about 40-50 GBs with
a lot of files (with many duplicates).

Basically there is no disk IO during svn operations.
Is there a profiler for SQLite operations to see what takes so much time?

Thanks,