subversion-users mailing list archives

From Neil Bird <n...@jibbyjobby.co.uk>
Subject Re: SVN repo cross-platform compatibility
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:13:35 GMT
Around about 26/10/11 12:28, Stefan Sperling typed ...
> With FSFS repositories, yes, it will work if you copy the files
> onto the new system from the network store (it might not if you try
> to mount a disk from the old system on the new system directly, then
> it depends on OS filesystem support and endianness handling).

   They are FSFS;  however, if endianness is *ever* an issue, then it'll
*always* be an issue, surely?

   If it's currently a big-endian SPARC, and I merely copy the repo. dirs.
onto a little-endian x86, if endianness is a problem then that won't work.

   All I have is:

$ uname -a
SunOS hostname 5.10 Generic_139555-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240

   .. and that doesn't really help me!

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature