subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Podskubka <s.podsku...@hcs.at>
Subject Bug report: Assertion failed during update/cleanup
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 07:27:39 GMT
Today, when I wanted to update a working copy, I encountered the
following assertion failure:

In file
'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.0\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\workqueue.c'

line 672: assertion failed (checksum != NULL)

Exactly the same error happened when I wanted to do a cleanup afterwards.

Originally I used TortoiseSVN when this happened, but when I tried the
cleanup with the svn.exe the same thing happened:

svn: E235000: In file
'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.0\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\workqueue.c'

line 672: assertion failed (checksum != NULL)

It happened with a working copy of sqlmap
(https://svn.sqlmap.org/sqlmap/trunk/sqlmap), which I am using
internally for testing SQL injections.
The working copy was previously upgraded from version 1.6 to 1.7, after
that I could already update the working copy multiple times without
problems.
When I tried to perform the update the working copy had revision 4414
and I wanted to update to the HEAD revision, which was 4435 at that time.
The server displays: Powered by Subversion version 1.5.1 (r32289).
The working copy is unmodified, except one additional unversioned
directory '/output' in the root folder of the working copy and one
missing file '/extra/shellcodeexec/windows/shellcodeexec.x32.exe'
(because I let my virus scanner remove it). The virus scanner also
reports having removed the file
'/extra/shellcodeexec/windows/.svn/text-base/shellcodeexec.x32.exe' at
the same time, this happened before the working copy was upgraded from
1.6 to 1.7 and may possibly be the reason for this problem. When
upgrading the working copy from 1.6 to 1.7 I didn't get an error.

Thanks and best regards,
Stefan