subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Assertion failed and crash with 1.7.1
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:07:10 GMT
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 09:53:11AM +0000, Markus Schaber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Von: Attila Nagy [mailto:bra@fsn.hu]
> > BTW, with the current (1.7) WC-implementation, what possible problems do you see
where this would be needed?
> > Previously with the per-directory .svn directories it was of course much easier,
I could checkout the WC and move the .svn directory to its original place.
> > Now I (would) have to do this for all directories...
>
> If you have uncommitted property modifications, copies or moves in the working copy,
a lossless transition (or repair) of the WC to 1.7 should be possible in the following ways:

You meant to say "*no* uncommitted property modifications, copies, or moves",
right?

But even then, in general, what you suggest isn't safe.
The broken working copy might be a mixed-revision working copy and
refer to pristine files from various revisions. In which case there
is no way a new checkout can replicate the needed DB state.