subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Antunes <b...@dei.uc.pt>
Subject Re: Problem Loading Huge Repository
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 00:08:20 GMT

On Jun 17, 2011, at 24:59 , Geoff Hoffman wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Bruno Antunes <bema@dei.uc.pt> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As part of the work of my PhD thesis I need to load the ASF Subversion repository into
my own local repository in order to mine and extract information from the repository without
overloading the ASF servers.

> I have downloaded the repository dump and started loading it into my own repository.
But the repository is huge (~45GB), and loading it using 'svnadmin load' will take me days
(~15).

> I tried 'svndumpfilter' to filter out some projects but I get the error 'svndumpfilter:
Unsupported dumpfile version: 3'. I'm using 'svndumpfilter' version 1.6.12. Is there any way
to overcome this error?

> Do you know any faster way to load the dump file or to filter out some projects/revisions
so I can speed up the process?

> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Bruno Antunes
>

> Just a thought... Do you need the revision history or only the current (head) revision?
>
> Guessing if you do not need the revision history then it will be much smaller and  faster
to svn export their-stuff -r HEAD

I need the entire revision history, because I need to extract historical information from
the repository.
But I could use the revision history from specific projects only, I don't need the entire
repository, which contains all the ASF projects. The problem is I can filter these projects
in the dump file.

Best regards,
Bruno Antunes