subversion-users mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sparse check outs
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:02:52 GMT
On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> Stuempfig, Thomas wrote on Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:08:23 +0000:
>> We use svn as a document management system.
>> In our case we have different Roles in the same Project. We have Roles like Project
Manager, Business Consultants and Technical Consultants.

>> Each of them have their own kind of files they are interested in.
>> My colleagues would like to sparse check out things based on some Rules like "*pptx"
in a folder and its sub folders. Would like to ignore specific extensions like "*c,*cpp,*txt".
Much the same way as the ignore list for non versioned files, but just for co.

>> Did somebody come along such a requirement?
>>
>> Regards
>> Thomas
>
> There is svn-viewspec.py (somewhere under tools/ in the source tree),
> I'm not sure if it can do what you ask for but it might be a starting
> point.

Also interesting in this context: in svn <= 1.6 one can only make
things sparse with directory granularity (i.e. you have to
include/exclude entire directories, you cannot do this with individual
files). In the upcoming 1.7 version, I believe it will be possible to
exclude individual files. I'm not sure this will help you accomplish
what you want, but somehow it sounds relevant :-).

--
Johan