subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Questions
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:00:58 GMT
Ryan Schmidt wrote on Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 04:06:21 -0500:
> On Jun 13, 2011, at 03:55, Richard Cavell wrote:
> > 2.  Someone suggested creating a repository by installing DropBox on every computer
and doing:

> > svnadmin create ~/DropBox
> >
> > Does this seem like a workable idea (for those of us who do not know how to set
up an svnserver or apache httpd)?

> I would suggest you not do that.

This amounts to rsync'ing $REPOS_DIR, which we don't support (and in
fact may cause the duplicated copy to be corrupt).

> That would allow any user to do anything to your repository (bypassing any security restrictions
or hooks you may want to use) -- even delete the entire repository with one or two keystrokes
(intentionally or accidentally). Set up svnserve or httpd instead. The book explains how.