subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: .htaccess commit issue
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 12:18:01 GMT

On Feb 2, 2011, at 05:30, debu --- Debajit kataki wrote:

> I have an Apache-SVN server and  what i have noticed that any folder with .htaccess file
or even ^.ht wont get committed in SVN.

> I understand that this is an expected security behavior by apache, but what I am looking
here a proven workaround, so that my users can commit those  folder also which has such file
in it.

> Below is my current config:

[snip]

> <Files ~ "^\.ht">
>     Order allow,deny
>     Deny from all
>     Satisfy All
> </Files>

I have basically the same snippet in my httpd.conf, globally, for all vhosts, and it does
not prevent me from committing .htaccess files to my repository. I suspect something else
in your httpd.conf that you haven't shown us is preventing this.