subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob Archer <Bob.Arc...@amsi.com>
Subject RE: Error on Post Commit Hook.BAT
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 15:51:24 GMT
> On 2/1/2011 11:36 PM, Waseem Bokhari wrote:
> I am not using any email program But Only using my SMTP SERVER
>
> E:\Repositories\WSBokhari\hooks\send_message.exe %MESSAGE_FILE%
> %server% %to% %from% %subj% %auth%
>

> Then how would I mention this?
>

> You need to find a program that contacts your SMTP server from the
> Windows command line prompt and sends a message to the server.  You
> may have one already installed on your machine; if you are defining
> a repository for a group of developers you will also need to ensure
> that it is installed (or at least accessible on the search path) on
> every developer's machine.
>
> My Subversion installation does not send E-mail to developers and
> so I do not know of any programs that send mail to an SMTP server
> from a Windows command line prompt.  Perhaps someone else on the
> list will know.  I can't help you further.
>
> --
>     David Chapman         dcchapman@acm.org
>     Chapman Consulting -- San Jose, CA

On a Windows server with the SMTP server running you can just drop the email file into the
mailroot\pickup folder and the email will be sent automatically. This is probably easier that
finding some program that uses the SMTP protocol... tHis assumes the credentials running your
batch has permissions to the pickup folder on the SMTP server of course.

BOb