subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ^M Appends to every line?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:26:11 GMT
On 2/24/2011 10:02 AM, Christopher D Haakinson wrote:
> OK, so I've been testing out the svn:eol-style prop and it appears to
> work, but it seems like an awful lot of work for such a simple issue.
>
> Is there something server-side I can setup to ensure that all files
> contain the correct eol style?

No, the server can't possibly know what is right either for any
particular file or for any particular client platform.  But, your client
configs control auto-props which can sometimes do the right thing
automatically on the client side.  Unfortunately those have to match
filename patterns that won't necessarily correspond to the file content
or use.

> Also I've noticed that my shell scripts are now failing with an EOF
> error? Does this mean that there's a style setting for the end of file too??

No, that probably is related to some other error or parsing issue in the
file.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@gmail.com