subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ^M Appends to every line?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 16:39:52 GMT
On 2/23/2011 10:19 AM, Christopher D Haakinson wrote:
> I have SVN up and running and things are working well, except when
> editing shell scripts from windows.
>
> My server is RHEL5-based and I will have clients connecting from linux
> and windows. Linux commits work great, and even some times from windows.
> However some times I commit a file from Windows(running tortoiseSVN and
> Komodo EDIT) it corrupts the script and adds ^M to the end of every
> line, often times ruining the structure of the file too.
>
> Is there a way to disable this or do I have to run a dos2unix script
> after every commit to remove them?

Long version:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html#svn.advanced.props.file-portability

Short version: set the svn:eol-style property to native on the files
where you want subversion to manage line endings.  Your client may have
a list of file suffixes where this would be set automatically.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com