subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Chapman <dcchap...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Error on Post Commit Hook.BAT
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 07:49:56 GMT
On 2/1/2011 11:36 PM, Waseem Bokhari wrote:

> I am not using any email program But Only using my SMTP SERVER
>
> E:\Repositories\WSBokhari\hooks\send_message.exe%MESSAGE_FILE%
> %server% %to% %from% %subj% %auth%
>
> Then how would I mention this?

You need to find a program that contacts your SMTP server from the
Windows command line prompt and sends a message to the server.  You may
have one already installed on your machine; if you are defining a
repository for a group of developers you will also need to ensure that
it is installed (or at least accessible on the search path) on every
developer's machine.

My Subversion installation does not send E-mail to developers and so I
do not know of any programs that send mail to an SMTP server from a
Windows command line prompt.  Perhaps someone else on the list will
know.  I can't help you further.

--
     David Chapman         dcchapman@acm.org
     Chapman Consulting -- San Jose, CA