subversion-users mailing list archives

From <eric.b...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject Hooks That Use Perl Test::Builder Having Problems with STDERR
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 16:30:23 GMT
I'm working on porting a fairly extensive set of CVS hooks to SVN.  The issue that I'm having
now is that my pre-commit hook, which runs a Perl script that performs tests based on Test::Builder
and Test::More, never show their stderr on the console.  I see it in the svn web server logs,
but not on the console.

Has anyone had any experience with a problem like this?  Essentially, the Test::* modules
remap stderr and stdout for the purpose of trapping that output to evaluate it for the tests.
 Seems like I have dueling file handles.

Still looking into this; I know I don't have a complete understanding of this issue.

Any thoughts on what I might be able to do here?

Eric

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.