subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andy Levy <andy.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Precautions for Subversion
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 16:04:45 GMT
On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:46, Waseem Bokhari
<waseem.bokhari@netsoltech.com> wrote:

> Hola Experts
>

>                            I have Windows environment for Subversion.
>

> Server - Visual SVN Enterprise Edition with Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition
>
> Clients- XP Mostly and windows 2008 a few. Tortoise SVN.
>
> Antivirus as well.

> Is there any need to take precautions as in our organization WE WILL HAVE TO RUN antivirus
on 3 days a week. Is it would take any impact on Our windows machines in presence of Subversion/Tortoise
SVN OR Visual SVN.

What antivirus are you using? Some are better than others.

If your AV can be configured to not scan .svn directories, it will
help your WC performance tremendously.

There isn't much point in scanning the repository database, as the
file contents aren't "readable" - an EXE put into the repository
doesn't look like an EXE if you look at the contents of the repository
directly on disk.

> DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any file transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
advised that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this email or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify us by return
email and destroy this email message and its attachments. This communication may contain forward-looking
statements relating to the development of NetSol Technologies' products and services and future
operations. The words "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "intend," variations of such words,
and similar expressions, identify forward looking statements, but their absence does not mean
that the statement is not forward-looking. Views and opinions contained herein are those of
the author of this email and do not necessarily represent those of NetSol Technologies. Statements
contained herein are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to certain risks,
uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. The company will not undertake
to update any statements contained herein.

> WARNING: The recipient should check this email and any attachment for the presence of
viruses. Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present
in this email, the company does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from
the use of this email or attachment. Note: Please consider the environment before printing
this e-mail.

Disclaimers such as this on messages posted to PUBLIC mailing lists
are pointless.