subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andy Levy <andy.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I commit under a different user name?
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:50:58 GMT
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:42, NN Ott <nonot100@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> If UserA checks out a working copy on to his machine, can UserB walk up to
> that machine and the commit changes under his own credentials?
> Would seemĀ possible, but just wanted to double check if there are any pit
> falls.
> Thanks

Credentials are cached in the user's home directory (~/.subversion,
%APPDATA%\subversion), not in the working copy. If the 2 users have
separate logins on the machine, then it's real easy. Otherwise, you
can pass --username and --password command-line options.

But I'd advise against encouraging this practice. In this scheme,
UserA can make changes, and they'll be attributed to UserB in
Subversion. A malicious UserA could cause a lot of trouble for UserB
here.