subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I commit under a different user name?
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:53:47 GMT
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:42 PM, NN Ott <nonot100@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If UserA checks out a working copy on to his machine, can UserB walk up to
> that machine and the commit changes under his own credentials?
>
> Would seem possible, but just wanted to double check if there are any pit
> falls.

You can always create a repository and run your own tests. That's what I
just did. No issues with committing as another user.

However, I'm not sure whether you'd want to encourage the practice or not.
User B could have easily committed the work as User A which would be closer
to the truth. I'm assuming something like this would come up if User A left,
and someone has to check in the work User A did.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com