subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "svnadmin load" a huge file
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:52:48 GMT
On 10 January 2011 08:30, Michael Haggerty <mhagger@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> On 01/07/2011 08:38 PM, Victor Sudakov wrote:
>> Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>>> I don't know cvs2svn, but it could have a --sharded-output option, so eg
>>> it would produce a dumpfile per 1000 revisions, rather than one huge
>>> dumpfile.
>>
>> cvs2svn-2.3.0_2 does not seem to have such an option:
>> "cvs2svn: error: no such option: --sharded-output"
>
> cvs2svn doesn't have such an option, but it wouldn't be very difficult
> to implement.  Let me know if you would like some pointers to help you
> get started implementing it.
>
> Michael

Hello... I said this a week ago

Split
-----

Splits a dump file into multiple smaller dump files.

svndumptool.py split inputfile [startrev endrev filename]...

  --version   show program's version number and exit
  -h, --help  show this help message and exit

Known bugs:
 * None

No need to go implementing anything

-Stephen