subversion-users mailing list archives

From <Benjamin.Ort...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject RE: On commit attempt, Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response to CHECKOUT
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 15:21:48 GMT
You've definitely given me enough to work off here, thanks!

Benjamin Ortega

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Phippard [mailto:markphip@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 9:18 AM
To: Ortega, Benjamin
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: On commit attempt, Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response
to CHECKOUT

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:13 AM,  <Benjamin.Ortega@wellsfargo.com> wrote:
> Wow...for some reason I was under the impression that file level restrictions didn't
work...I really don't know why, but there it is.

> I don't suppose there's a way to use wild cards in the path as well?

Wild-cards are not supported in authz.

If you only needed this to protect writes, then you can do it with a
pre-commit hook.  The SVN repository contains svnperms.py which can do
this:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/tools/hook-scripts/

However, if you need to protect read access, you cannot do it via a
hook and the Subversion authz module does not support wildcards.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/