subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Subversion on Windows web hosting
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 06:47:11 GMT

On Jan 7, 2011, at 00:03, Altaf-Hussain Sayyed wrote:

> Can I install subversion system on my own web hosting having WINDOWS and IIS.

What you can do with your web hosting account is limited by your web hosting provider; if
they let you install software, then you can install Subversion. Or maybe they already have
Subversion installed for you to use. If they let you use arbitrary network ports, then you
can serve a repository with svnserve on port 3690. Subversion cannot be served using IIS;
if you want to serve a repository using WebDAV (i.e. the http or https protocol), then you
must install the Apache 2 web server; possibly, this could live alongside your existing IIS
web server, if you want it to.