subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Wolff <andr...@ptbv.de>
Subject Re: directory problem on 'svn ci'
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:43:22 GMT
Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> What version did you upgrade to 1.6.15 from?

 From a 1.6.4 installation.

> Are there any svn-commit.tmp, svn-commit.2.tmp preexisting?

No, there are none. I double checked and deleted all *.tmp in the
concerned directories.

> What happens if you use the following script as your editor:
>
> 	#!/bin/sh
> 	echo "hi">  $1

That would be quite hard to do, as I'm experiencing this problem on a
windows machine. Introducing cygwin to the problem probably won't be of
much help.
Understanding what you are driving at, i used this Batch command script:

	@echo off
	echo Path test > %1

It yields the exact same result as the earlier mentioned true editors do.
svn-commit.tmp ends up one directory up from CWD and the 'svn
ci'-process keeps asking me:

	Log message unchanged or not specified
	(a)bort, (c)ontinue, (e)dit:

Greetings,