subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Ignacio G. T." <igtorque.rem...@evomer.yahoo.es>
Subject Re: Re: Viewing Subversion in 3D (without glasses)
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:07:25 GMT
Hola, Pablo.

El 20:59, Pablo Beltran escribió:

[...]

> That is mainly because many things happens BEFORE Subversion revisions
> are created.  For example, when a bug is detected there is not a
> revision to be related until the bug is fixed in Subversion.

[...]

I'm afraid I don't understand you.

When we release software, we can identify it with a version name, which
we link to a specific subdirectory in the "version" directory of the
repository, which is, in turn, related to a unique svn revision number.

All the bugs that our clients report (very few :-) are traced to a
specific version, so there is a unique svn revision number related to
that bug. Of course, the bug may have contaminated other versions until
it was detected, but there IS at least a number although the bug is not
fixed yet.