subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get svn-bisect?
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:42:29 GMT
On 1/11/11 1:09 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2011, at 13:39, Tech Geek wrote:
>
>> We are using svn, version 1.6.12 (r955767) on a Linux based machine (SVN Server)
and use TortoiseSVN as clients. However, I do not see command svn-bisect on both of them.
How can I get svn-bisect just like there is git-bisect?

> Subversion does not include a program called "svn-bisect". For those of us not familiar
with git, perhaps you could explain what git-bisect does, then we can tell you if there is
equivalent functionality available in Subversion.

> Alternately, a Google search shows me others have written tools called "svn-bisect" which
may do what you want:

> http://www.google.com/search?q=svn-bisect

I read a few of the links out of curiosity - this one expains what it does and
why you would want it:
http://blogs.atlassian.com/developer/2009/01/git_bisect.html

Basically you give it a good and bad revision and a test to run and it finds the
commit that broke things with a binary search.  Of course if you were using
something like Hudson doing continuous builds for you, you'd already know...

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com