subversion-users mailing list archives

From Brian Brophy <brianmbro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "svnadmin load" a huge file
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 00:59:09 GMT
Fair enough, the same pattern is still applicable.  For example, in our
CVS repo what separated one "project" from another was basically a
root-level folder.

In kind, you could similarly use cvs2svn to "chunk/dump" subdirectories
at a time.

For example, if in CVS you have something like:
/Folder1
/Folder2
/Folder3

... you run cvs2svn three times, once for each subdirectory, producing
folder1.dump, folder2.dump, and folder3.dump respectively.

Then, svnadmin load each individually:
 - manually create the root folders: Folder1, Folder2, Folder3
 - svnadmin load --parent-dir Folder1 /path/to/svn/repo < folder1.dump
 - svnadmin load --parent-dir Folder2 /path/to/svn/repo < folder2.dump
 - svnadmin load --parent-dir Folder3 /path/to/svn/repo < folder3.dump