subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Best way to maintain patches to a 3rd party library?
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 07:21:03 GMT

On Jan 10, 2011, at 15:51, NN Ott wrote:

>> To recap, as Les put it:
>>
>> I think the idea is that he'd like to see the development history of both the vendor
and local changes as a continuous set of changes as you would if they were in the same repository
with log and diff working across any points in time or branch versions.  It seems like a reasonable
thing to want, but I don't think it is possible with subversion.

> What would be the correct forum for such a request?

I don't think the request can be met by Subversion. Subversion is a centralized version control
system; the request is met by not using a centralized version control system, but instead
using a distributed version control system.