subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Curley, John" <John.Cur...@windriver.com>
Subject Is there a 2 GB file size limit in Subversion - Apache? 413 Request Entity Too Large -- Solution
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 06:03:46 GMT
Hi all,

FYI.

There seems to be a 2 GB file size limit, if you use the default command to commit. We encountered
this problem and eventually found the solution.

This is not a Subversion limit, nor is it an Apache limit.

The default module for accessing the repository is ra_neon. This module (!) has the 2 GB limit.
If you specify using ra_serf (serf) instead, that works.

This is the command line option (from the client):  --config-option servers:global:http-library=serf

I don't know how to do this in a GUI situation. It took me a LONG time to find this on the
web.

Happy new year, now that I finally found the fix!
John

---
"Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip around the Sun."
~author unknown