subversion-users mailing list archives

From JamieEchlin <jamie.ech...@credit-suisse.com>
Subject Re: usage of svn_wc_diff
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 12:03:15 GMT

Daniel Näslund wrote:

> Hope, you'll be able to solve your problem. Here's a script that's a bit
> more clean than the previous one. I haven't tested it much at all but it
> appears to be able to display added, modified and deleted properties set
> on both dirs and files. The '###' lines represents TODO's.

If anyone else uses this code, I'd just thought I'd mention belatedly that
you don't need a write lock to do the diff. So pass False to adm_open3.
Doing this speeds up execution by 12s on a working copy hosted on an NTFS
volume.

BTW, it seems svn and NTFS don't play nice:
http://superuser.com/questions/15192/bad-ntfs-performance, and this is easy
to demonstrate by comparing the lock/unlock performance on NTFS against a
FAT-formatted disk. Do the new format working copies in 1.7 fix this?

cheers, jamie